Prepared" program for digital training of rural women
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Junta de Andalucía has announced that the program 'Preparadas', endowed with 30.68 million euros from the European funds Next Generation, has started with more than 2,500 participants in 193 training courses in digital skills. It is aimed at women in rural Andalusia and aims to reduce the digital divide.
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The aim of the 'Prepared' program is to reach 59,000 beneficiaries by 2025 to bridge the gap between smaller municipalities and large cities in terms of access to new technologies and the digital skills to use them.
- This imbalance places the population of rural localities at a disadvantage when it comes to carrying out administrative procedures, finding a job or being able to generate one through self-employment, as well as access to information.
- The program has started with 193 training actions that reach 2,575 women. By the end of the year, it is estimated that 10,000 participants will be trained in one of the available courses.
- Women living in Andalusian municipalities of less than 30,000 inhabitants or in vulnerable areas of other localities, unemployed, in ERTE or employed women who wish to improve their employment situation, can apply to participate in the 'Prepared' training courses.
- The courses are free of charge and have a duration of 40 teaching hours in a 100% face-to-face modality. They comprise two training areas: the promotion of employability through the use of new technologies and the promotion of entrepreneurship in the digital field.
- Participants will receive training on basic digital skills, job search on the Internet, creation of digital content, office automation, digital marketing, e-commerce and cybersecurity.
- To publicize the program, a motorhome has been launched that began its route in Bujalance (Córdoba), coinciding with the International Day of Rural Women, and from there it is touring municipalities in the eight Andalusian provinces. Registration for the courses can be requested on the 'Prepared' website.