"Izmir Emerges as Pioneer Green City with EBRD-Backed Action Plan"
- "Izmir, as the first city in the country to be included in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Green Cities Program, has developed the 'Izmir Green City Action Plan.' This plan constitutes an integral part of the Green Cities Program, addressing a range of urban environmental issues, including water, biological diversity, air, soil, and climate change, as outlined in the EBRD's Green Cities Program.
- Location: İzmir/Türkiye
The goals of the Green Cities initiative can be summarized under three main headings:
- Preserves the quality of environmental assets and utilizes natural resources sustainably.
- Mitigates and adapts to the risks of climate change.
- Ensures that environmental policies and urban planning contribute to the social and economic well-being of city residents.
- The plan, known as the Izmir Green City Action Plan (YŞEP), was developed with a 300,000 Euro grant provided by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). MOreover, the Izmir Green City Action Plan was developed with the contributions of over 100 participants over a period of 18 months. The plan was approved and put into effect with the Council Decision dated December 16, 2020."
- https://skpo.izmir.bel.tr/Upload_Files/FckFiles/file/2020/WEB_SAYFASI_YESIL_SEHIR_PLAN-ingilizce.pdf / 27th of November