Promotion for the creation and development of energy communities (REC4EU)
Main issues must be clearly stated
The objective of the new European project 'Renewable Energy Communities for the Regions of the European Union' (REC4EU) is to improve governance at local and regional level for the creation and development of renewable energy communities.
The Andalusian Energy Agency, an entity attached to the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mines, participates in this initiative by contributing its experience in vulnerable environments.
- Regional Agency for Resource Recovery (Italy).
- Andalusian Energy Agency (Spain)
- Regional Government of Tuscany (Italy)
- Slovak Agency for Innovation and Energy (Slovakia)
- Lublin Region (Poland)
- Tampere Region (Finland)
- Energie Commune Association (Belgium)
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The project has abudget of 1.8 million euros at global level financed through the Interreg Europe program.
- During the four-year duration of REC4EU, the partners will use interregional learning to analyze and address the four obstacles facing the creation of energy communities: technical, regulatory, economic and social.
- The new project 'Renewable Energy Communities for the Regions of the European Union' (REC4EU) aims to improve governance at the local and regional level to create and develop renewable energy communities.
- Following the Powerty project, the Andalusian Energy Agency will contribute its experience to facilitate the implementation of pilot initiatives similar to the one developed in the Sevillian neighborhood of Torreblanca, but in other scenarios that are not necessarily vulnerable.
- Key aspects of regional and local policy will be identified to establish a satisfactory governance and support framework for the creation and development of renewable energy communities in each region.
- In addition, the capacity of local and regional authorities to provide support services to energy communities, whether through outreach, training, financing or policy development, as well as other forms of support, including direct participation as a member, partner or constituent of an energy community, will be built.
- Successful cases in these areas will be compiled and their implementation in the different territories will be studied.