Madrid buildings listed as protected can be consulted in 3D viewer
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Official Gazette of the Community of Madrid has published the approval of the modification of the General Urban Development Plan for the Extension of the Catalog of Protected Buildings of the Madrid City Council, whose geographic representation has been made for the first time in 3D.
Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The Subdirectorate General of Innovation and Urban Information of the Madrid City Council, in collaboration with the Directorate General of Planning of the Area of Urbanism, Environment and Mobility, through the Subdirectorate of Regulations, and with the IT department, have developed this project.
- First, efforts were focused on generating the database and creating a working standard for future projects. Compatibility problems when working on the existing IT tool led to the implementation of new geoportal operating systems.
- For several months, the Subdirectorate General for Urban Innovation and Information has provided support for the creation of the database, supervising the automatic validation process and quality control on geometries from official cartography, as well as ensuring data consistency and traceability of the processes.
- The improvement of the IT tools has made it possible to link the geoportal viewer to the electronic processing of files, in line with the objective of the Madrid City Council to move towards a 100% electronic file.
- A 3D viewer has been generated with all the information and individualized files for each building.
- For the first time, the protection conditions have been included in a catalog modification file in open format by means of an electronically signed GML file, guaranteeing that the urban planning determinations initially approved are disseminated online without any manipulation for the mandatory public information process, as well as their reuse by civil society.