Creation of Business and College Offices to promote energy transition
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Government of Catalonia will allocate 4.7 million euros to a line of aid for the creation of Business and College Offices to promote the energy transition. These grants are intended to support business and professional associations to promote renewable generation and energy efficiency actions in the field of companies in Catalonia, especially small and medium enterprises, and also to encourage their participation in projects for the creation and development of energy communities.
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The creation of the Business and College Offices for the promotion of the energy transition aims to deepen the transition towards a cleaner, more sustainable, democratic and participatory energy model.
- The intention is to encourage decentralization with the aim that throughout the territory there are units and teams that can support, both technically and administratively and locally, energy transition projects.
- In this context, the Government of Catalonia has already promoted the creation of the network of Regional Energy Transition Offices, so that local entities have resources and technical knowledge to accompany energy transition projects and to channel the participation of the territory in the elaboration of the Territorial Sector Plan for the implementation of renewable energies. This measure allowed the creation of 41 county offices, inserted in the heart of each county council of the country.
- The Catalan Energy Institute (Icaen) will manage this aid to promote renewable generation and energy efficiency actions.
- The offices will be distributed throughout the territory, and will have as functions the integral accompaniment to projects of renewable generation or energy storage from renewable sources, to energy efficiency projects and also to those of electric mobility, and the support to the implication and participation of the companies in projects of energy communities. They will also have to promote the dissemination, communication and diffusion of all these practices.
- This line of aid will benefit business entities and groups, the chambers of commerce of Catalonia and professional corporations under public law (professional associations and councils of professional associations), which will have to submit a two-year work program, and will be eligible for a maximum aid of 200,000 euros per office.