Agreement to decarbonize and digitize transportation in a town in Badajoz, Spain
06400 Don Benito, Spain
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda has signed an agreement with the Mancomunidad Don Benito-Villanueva de la Serena (Badajoz) to co-finance the decarbonization and digitalization of its public transport with more than 2.5 million euros from the European Next Generation funds.
Location: of fact eg City / Reg on to be provided
Mancomunidad Don Benito-Villanueva de la Serena, Badajoz, Extremadura, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The nominative subsidy included in the agreement will co-finance the purchase of two minibuses and three electric buses, the installation of five electric recharging points of at least 100 kW and the contracting of consultancy and technical assistance services.
- It will also contribute to the establishment of systems and machinery for the digitalization of public transport services: operating aid (SAE), passenger information (SIV) and passenger control by issuing and/or validating contactless tickets (NFC or QR).
- The implementation of the urban bus service of the Don Benito-Villanueva de la Serena conurbation to be financed thanks to this grant is intended to implement an integral quality, sustainable, technological, efficient and accessible management system, provided for both municipalities through joint management.
- The amount not covered by the subsidy will be completed with contributions from the Mancomunidad Don Benito-Villanueva de la Serena or its member entities. All the actions must be completed by December 31, 2025 at the latest.
- This action is financed under the aid program for municipalities of Component 1 of the Recovery Plan, which is aimed at the decarbonization and digitalization of mobility in urban and metropolitan environments.