Location
Valencia, Spain

Main issues must be clearly stated

The Valencia City Council has approved the award of grants worth one million euros to 12 innovative projects to combat climate change within the framework of Missions Valencia 2030. This call for grants for 2023 received 83 proposals, of which 25 passed to the final defense phase before an external jury made up of experts from academia, the private sector, business associations and the media.

Location:

Valencia, Spain

Main facts/points outlined in body of text

  • The selected projects propose:
    • digital viewers for a 15-minute Valencia,
    • an app for citizen consultation and decision support on heat islands,
    • electric vehicle recharging from the curbs,
    • street furniture with robotics and 3D printing to boost the circular and sustainable economy,
    • energy demand independent aggregation systems to promote self-consumption facilities and green jobs,
    • navigators that optimize maritime routes with less impact on fuel and emissions.
  • They also contemplate ideas such as:
    • solar blinds that allow stored energy to be used at night,
    • a change of model in the management of food surpluses in Mercavalència
    • a virtual guidance and training platform to accompany installers in the process of installing aerothermal systems, among other things.
  • Eight of the chosen initiatives come from the private sector, two from universities and two from civil society. The objective of the grants is to support innovative ideas, products, services and projects from any field that provide solutions to the city and have an impact on the Missions Valencia 2030 climate mission and, in turn, on improving the quality of life of citizens.
  • Each project will receive a maximum amount of 100,000 euros and, in order to guarantee the development of their objectives and the implementation of their business ideas, an advance payment of 75% of the amount of the grant will be made. The remaining 25% will be paid upon presentation and approval of the total justification of the subsidized project.