Urban Agenda of the Province of Córdoba is structured in 40 actions
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Provincial Council of Cordoba has released the contents of the Urban Agenda of the Province, a roadmap consisting of 40 sustainable development actions around six strategic objectives for municipalities to jointly build a model that responds to environmental, social and economic challenges.
The Urban Agenda of the Province of Cordoba is the result of a participatory process that was carried out during the year 2022 with local agents and technicians of the provincial institution and through a dialogue with representatives of different groups, economic and social agents, and the university. It has also been developed in accordance with the criteria established by the 2030 Agenda and as also set by the Sustainable Development Goals and the Urban Agendas of the United Nations and the European Union.
Location: of fact eg City / Reg on to be provided
Province of Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- Six strategic objectives with 40 actions
- The Urban Agenda of the Province of Cordoba lays the foundations for the sustainable and equitable development of the province, promoting social inclusion, improving mobility, responsible economic growth, environmental protection and digital transformation.
- The 40 actions it includes are structured around six strategic objectives, such as improving the territorial connectivity of the province, because there is an asymmetry in the public transport network; preventing erosion and soil loss, because there is a loss of fertile soil; or the promotion of sustainable urban planning, to move towards a more resilient province in the face of the impacts of climate change.
- They also revolve around preventing depopulation and revitalizing the existing urban fabric, and promoting social participation and improving governance. The last strategic objective aims to favor the economy of the province through the improvement of occupational training and labor incorporation, the digital transformation of the different sectors and the promotion of the circular economy.
- These are challenges to achieve a more sustainable society, so that the environmental burden of work is very prominent, since it aims to respond at a general level to climate change, to seek the horizon of a climate neutrality and to combat the gases that generate the greenhouse effect.
- This action plan is an open and evolving roadmap that will be revised and improved as the actors involved incorporate processes and mechanisms.