+17 M EUR to improve the energy efficiency of 5 residential units
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Castellón City Council has invested 17,007,865 million euros, of which 14,097,558.18 euros are European funding and 2,910,306.82 euros are municipal contribution, in the Housing Rehabilitation Plan that will improve the accessibility and energy efficiency of five groups of houses. The actions include the installation of aerothermal energy, LED lighting or heat pumps, among other actions.
Location: of fact eg City / Reg on to be provided
Castellón, Valencian Community, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The implementation of the Residential Rehabilitation and Social Housing Aid Program of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan contemplates the comprehensive rehabilitation of these buildings to dignify urban environments, enhance energy efficiency and improve the quality of life of the neighbors.
- The City Council will put out to public tender the awarding of the projects in December. The drafting phase is scheduled to begin in May 2024 and will last six months and the execution phase of the works will begin in January 2025 and will last an estimated 15 months.
- The Rafalafena-Naranjos Group contemplates the installation of photovoltaic panels, the replacement of electric water heaters with heat pumps, the replacement of windows, the renovation of the roof, improvements to the roof with the removal of asbestos, the installation of an elevator, the creation of an accessible ramp and the incorporation of street furniture.
- In the Sequiol Group (Colorines), the installation of photovoltaic panels, the replacement of electric water heaters with heat pumps, the installation of new lighting, the removal of asbestos, the renovation of the downspouts, the installation of an elevator, the conversion into a pedestrian area and the conditioning of the space between blocks and new concrete sidewalks are planned.
- The actions planned in the José Antonio Group are the installation of photovoltaic panels and the aerothermal system, the installation of new lighting, the removal of asbestos deposits on the roof and in the downspouts and their renovation, the installation of an elevator, and the conversion into a pedestrian area and new concrete sidewalks.
- The Mediterráneo Group contemplates the photovoltaic installation and the aerothermal system, the improvement of the roof, the installation of lighting and electrical installation, the removal of asbestos, the replacement of the metal trusses, the installation of an elevator, new sidewalks and the conversion of the space between blocks into a pedestrian area.
- Finally, the Cernuda y Velasco Group plans to improve the facade with thermal insulation, the installation of lighting with LED streetlights on the facade, the replacement of windows, asbestos, downspouts, rainwater and wastewater pipes per building, the repair of cracks, fissures and humidity, the installation of an elevator, the creation of an accessible ramp, improvements in sewage systems and new sidewalks.