Xunta de Galicia promotes energy improvement in municipal facilities
36636 Ribadumia, Spain
Main issues must be clearly stated
The works to improve energy efficiency in municipal facilities in Ribadumia (Pontevedra) have been carried out with the support of the Xunta de Galicia. These works are part of a project that includes eight actions in other municipal facilities and that counted with a contribution of 140,000 euros from the additional fund of the Local Cooperation Fund. Most of the actions consisted of the installation of heat pumps to reduce energy consumption and to ensure the comfort of the users of the various facilities.
Ribadumia, Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain.
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- Within this project, work has been carried out in the buildings of the Colegio Rural Agrupado de Lois, Leiro, Ribadumia and Sisán, in the Casa da Cultura, in the town hall and in the changing rooms of the soccer field of A Bouza, as well as in the social services facilities.
- The Xunta de Galicia emphasizes that its commitment to energy efficiency, sustainability, savings and comfort will be reinforced in the years 2024 and 2025 with the launch of a new multiannual order, endowed with 5.3 million euros co-financed with Feder funds.
- Most of the actions carried out in Ribadumia's municipal facilities consisted in the installation of heat pumps to reduce energy consumption and to guarantee the comfort of the users of the different facilities.
- Thus, the heating and hot water systems of the CRA buildings in the parishes of Lois, Leiro, Ribadumia and Sisán, the Casa da Cultura, the town hall and the changing rooms of the Bouza soccer field in Barrantes were improved.
- In addition, in the municipal building of social services, the envelope was treated with a SATE coating to prevent energy loss through the facade.
- The Xunta de Galicia is promoting energy efficiency in municipal public buildings in Galicia through different lines. In addition to the additional fund of the Local Cooperation Fund, the municipalities have the Environmental Compensation Fund, endowed with 8.2 million euros, which includes energy improvements among the projects financed.