Three energy efficiency projects under DUS 5000 (Burgo de Osma)
Burgo de Osma-City of Osma, Spain
Main issues must be clearly stated
The City Council of El Burgo de Osma-Ciudad de Osma (Castilla y León) will implement three energy efficiency projects under the DUS 5000 program within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan. The Consistory has been working for months to obtain a grant of 2.9 million euros to be used for three energy efficiency projects, which will reduce its energy bill by 76%.
The work in the municipal offices has been very intense to be able to access this aid managed by the Government of Spain through the Ministry for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
Burgo de Osma-Ciudad de Osma, Soria, Castilla y León.
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The project for the refurbishment of the public lighting installations is the most advanced. El Burgo will receive 2,380,033 euros in European funds , 100% of its budget. Once the project is completed, the municipality's electricity bill will be reduced by 76%. With this aid, 2,607 of the municipality' s 2,908 lighting points will be affected.
- The 42 control panels will be touched; in 37 of them a centralized remote management system will be installed.
- Thanks to the new procedure, it will be possible to obtain and manage information on consumption, flows and maintenance of the switchboards . At its completion, a more precise work on each panel will be developed, deciding whether to increase or decrease light intensities by streets, neighborhoods or areas as decided and marked by daily needs. With these actions, the energy power will be reduced from 341 to 98 kW. The reduction in energy costs will be 76%, going from paying the 210,000 euros planned in 2023 to paying 50,400 euros.
- The second project financed by these funds will deal with the installation of solar panels in municipal buildings . With an investment of 703,023 euros, the city council will receive 493,023 and the rest will be borne by the company. Solar panels will be installed in seven municipal facilities in El Burgo and Osma. In six of them, there will be self-consumption with surpluses that will be covered by the compensation, and in the other one there will be no surpluses, it will be total self-consumption.
- The third action will be the acquisition of an electric car to serve the needs of the municipality . With a budget of 40,130 euros, the municipality will receive a grant of 34,110 euros.