REGISTER NOW: CIRCULAR ECONOMY CONVENTION | 28 OCTOBER 2021
Virtual Circular Economy Convention
Thursday, 28 October 2021 • 15.00 – 17.30 CEST
How can the UK and DACH region efficiently cooperate in future Circular Economy projects to tackle Climate Change?
Following up on our virtual Climate Change & Circular Economy workshop last April, it's now time to dive deeper into certain aspects of Circular Economy and take serious action.
Our virtual Circular Economy Convention aims to offer valuable insights from UK and DACH experts (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) throughout research institutions, cities and companies. Short impulses and panel discussions will trigger interesting discussion points for the interactive afternoon breakout sessions. In these sessions, we will dive deeper into the various pillars of Circular Economy and define autonomous tasks which will be relevant for our follow-up virtual Embassy Advent Sessions in December 2021.
One of our desired targets is to bring people together across UK-DACH borders and institutional boundaries. Our participants are keen on engaging internationally and see potential in cross-national cooperation in the field of Circular Economy. The virtual Circular Economy Convention is co-organised by the British Embassy Berlin, the UK Science and Innovation Network Germany (SIN) and BABLE, a young Morgenstadt spin-off facilitating innovation in cities.
VIRTUAL TOUR THROUGH A MOSS FARM
Green City Solutions GmbH | Simon Dierks | Marketing Lead
- Michael Sernatinger | International Representative | carbonauten GmbH | How to Decarbonise Easy and Fast
- Dr Gavin Bunting | Associate Professor, Swansea University, and Chair of the Circular Economy Research and Innovation Group Wales | Overview of Circular Economy
- Matthew Homer | Waste Strategy Manager | Islington Council | Developing a Circular Economy Action Plan for Islington
INTERACTIVE BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Rachel Armstrong | Professor of Environmental Architecture | Newcastle University (UK) and Visiting Professor, KU Leuven (Belgium) | Bio-Materials: A Tipping Point for the Circular Economy?
- Dr Elena Dieckmann | Innovation Design Engineering (IDE) | Senior Teaching Fellow, FRSA, MIET | Deputy Enterprise Champion | Dyson School of Design Engineering | Imperial College London | Innovating Circularity: Barriers and Opportunities in Building Cross-Industrial Waste Value Chains
- Dr Martin Geissdoerfer | Associate | Circular Economy Centre, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge | Circular Business Model Innovation
- Joel Tasche | Founder & CEO | Cleanhub | Plastic Credits
PRELIMINARY AGENDA (CEST)
14.30 | Admission & Networking
15.00 | Welcome & Setting the Scene by the British Embassy & BABLE
15.05 | Virtual Tour Through a Moss Farm
15.15 | Speaker Keynotes and Q&A Panel
Virtual Coffee Break
16:25 | Breakout Sessions
17.25 | Presentation of Results & Wrap Up
17.30 | Virtual Happy Hour & Networking