Future proofing of street lighting assets
Future proofing of street lighting assets to enable delivery of smart city services and wireless connectivity.
Dublin City Council (DCC) through its smart city function is actively promoting a number of “smart city” initiatives to improve quality of life, deliver more efficient and responsive city services and increase engagement with citizens.
As part of an upcoming large scale LED Street lighting upgrade tender Dublin City Council would like to ensure that their extensive lighting infrastructure, in particular the physical assets will be available for other uses in the future. A market sounding day will be designed to capture information around the elements of Smart City and future use of these assets. Uses envisaged may include deployment of the following:
- Internet of Things (IOT) solutions such as environmental sensing, traffic & mobility solutions;
- Delivery of connectivity services which may require the use of the lighting column. This may include mesh networks, 5G services or other connectivity services which rely on deployment of small cells.
- Advertising and wayfinding service and solutions;
- Facilitating vendors with an interest in mounting equipment on the lighting column.
- Consideration of future opportunities that can be leveraged through the lighting assets.
- Delivery of Safety & Security solutions including the deployment of CCTV/cameras.
- Support for Electric Vehicles.
Please find all corresponding documents here.
Please feel free to ask questions and comment below!