Ultra-fast electric station in Orihuela for electric vehicle charging
Main issues must be clearly stated
- In line with the commitment of the Generalitat Valenciana to promote the deployment of a mesh network of charging points for electric vehicles in the region for the transition to a new energy model, the ultrafast electric station at La Zenia Boulevard in Orihuela (Alicante), with six chargers of 350 kW each, has been put into operation.
Location: of fact eg City / Reg on to be provided
Orihuela, Alicante, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- For the implementation of the ultra-fast recharging station in Orihuela, Ivace Energía -depending on the Department of Innovation, Industry, Trade and Tourism of the Generalitat Valenciana- has allocated 250,000 euros under the Incentives Program for Efficient and Sustainable Mobility(Moves), just over 45% of the cost of the project, which has been promoted by the companies Ionity and Miralavega.
- In total, through the third edition of the Moves Plan, Ivace Energía has dedicated 48 million euros to the acquisition of electric vehicles and 33 million to the installation of charging points.
- With a total of six chargers, each with 350 kW and a total power of 1,200 kW installed, the new charging station allows recharging from 10% to 80% in 15 minutes, i.e., a range of 100 kilometers in five minutes of charging. Its location at exit 763 of the AP-7 is strategic, as it is an area that attracts many national and international tourists.
- Among the Ivace's support measures for electric mobility, energy efficiency and renewable energies in Orihuela, worth 1.7 million euros, recharging points have been established and electric vehicles have been purchased.
- In addition, the Ivace has supported the installation of 12 slow and 22 semi-fast charging points, all of them public.