AMB uses digital mapping to construct buildings and infrastructures
08001 Barcelona, Spain
Main issues must be clearly stated
- The Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB) has carried out an interesting project to link geographic information and the IFC format used in #BIM.
- UNE - Spanish Association for Standardization has a subcommittee in this field, chaired by Montserrat Monteagudo of AMB, which proposes to develop national standards in this area, as well as to follow up on the projects recently initiated in ISO - International Organization for Standardization. Specifically:
- ISO/AWI 23143-1 Basic principles and specifications for interchange between BIM and GIS.
- ISO/AWI 23143-2 Interchange between BIM and GIS through metadata
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB) has used digital mapping of the metropolis to build public space, civil works and infrastructures, according to a press release on Friday.
- The entity has detailed a digital model with BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology, which incorporates structured data "to generate a digital representation" of an element from design to construction.
- The entity has detailed that the superposition of data in a 3D model makes it possible to track the useful life of an equipment, an "open format that any software can use".
- Some of the improvements are the optimization of a building's energy consumption, solar radiation monitoring and noise pollution analysis.