Collaboration with Mastercard to digitalize and innovate tourism in Malaga
Main issues must be clearly stated
The Malaga City Council, through the area of Tourism, and Mastercard have signed a general protocol of action that will enable collaboration to enhance the digitization and innovation of the tourism sector in the city.
Malaga, Andalusia, Spain
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- The protocol between the city council of Malaga and Mastercard will facilitate the digitization and access to tourism intelligence to small and medium-sized entrepreneurs in the tourism sector of Malaga.
- Through the use of artificial intelligence, companies will obtain information and intelligence based on visitors' transactional data .
- Likewise, the agreement will enhance the definition of loyalty programs for international tourists with the purpose of maximizing the satisfaction of premium and high purchasing power visitors through access to unique experiences through Mastercard's 'Priceless' program, which offers advantages to cardholders.
- The agreement also opens the possibility for further progress in the use of data intelligence applied to the tourism sector, so that it can be used to present a destination tailored to the motivations of each visitor through the development of personalized experiences and proposals.
- Through the agreement, both parties are committed to developing avenues of study to promote digitization, innovation, knowledge and the generation of experiences and data in the sector.
- This alliance is aligned with Malaga's Strategic Tourism Plan 2021-2024, which aims to digitally transform small and medium-sized tourism companies, as well as lead innovation in the urban environment. In this sense, Mastercard's global Tourism Innovation Hub, which develops solutions to support sustainable and inclusive tourism around the world through innovation, research and collaboration, has the Andalusian city as one of its headquarters-laboratory.