FAB Circular Centers of Cáceres to boost digitalization in rural areas
Main issues must be clearly stated
Alcuéscar, Caminomorisco, Coria, Logrosán and Jarandilla de la Vera, in Cáceres, are the new municipalities that will host a FAB Circular Center to continue promoting digital transformation in the rural environment of the province. Each town will receive a grant of 60,000 euros as part of a call launched by the Diputación de Cáceres.
Location: of fact eg City / Reg on to be provided
Diputación de Cáceres, Extremadura, Spain
- Arroyo de la Luz
- Malpartida de Plasencia
- Valencia de Alcántara
- Jarandilla de la Vera
Main facts/points outlined in body of text
- With the aid provided by the Provincial Council of Cáceres, the new beneficiary entities will be able to adapt premises and acquire equipment and furniture to transform public spaces into environments for social innovation and digital transformation, thus contributing to complete the territorial distribution of these centers throughout the province.
- Once the adaptation works of the new spaces have been completed, Cáceres will have 11 FAB Circular Centers by the end of 2024, so that no municipality in the province will be more than 30 minutes away from one of these facilities.
- The idea is to democratize the digital so that all people, companies, associations or agents of the educational community who have an idea have a place with tools and advice available to develop a project.
- Among the strategic lines of the provincial institution of Cáceres is the promotion of innovative rural ecosystems. In this sense, the FAB Circular Centersare open spaces for territorial innovation, experimentation and demonstration of new technologies and methodologies, in which to share knowledge and solutions that respond to social needs from technology and the municipalities themselves.
- The Circular FAB network incorporated the first centers in 2021 with the aim of promoting the generation of new opportunities, diversifying economic activity and supporting the retention and attraction of talent. They are currently in operation in Arroyo de la Luz, Malpartida de Plasencia, Miajadas, Moraleja, Trujillo and Valencia de Alcántara.
- One of the projects already developed is Sierra de Gata Ayuda, in Moraleja, to cover a need in the socio-health area in the region with the help of technology. The centers are also training spaces that bring digital technology to the villages through initiatives such as Arduino Week or the workshops Mayores Conectad@s.
More information here: https: //circularfab.es/