Challenge / Goal
- From the city hall perspective, it solved two main challenges:
- fostering inhabitants of the city to register as citizens to increase city founding from the national government.
- the card is a cash flow generator for the municipality, in a contex, 2011, where many cash flow tensions were present due to the crisis.
- From the citizen perspective, the ZCC addresseed the challenge of fragmented service delivery leading to multiple cards and unstructured offer.
- It also helped policy makers to solve the challenge of not being able to easily define smart pricing policies.
The "ZCC" is an all-in-one key to access a wide number of public services with the following functions:
- give access to public services
- allows for payment
- smart pricing tool
- provides an API for external services
- offers a backend for personal data management
Through co-creation sesions in the Open Urban Lab (www.openurbanlab.com) involving citizens to collect new ideas and services to be added to ZCC
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planing Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Implementation Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Municipality of Zaragoza, local software development companies
City of Zaragoza
Improving traffic management
Enabling new business opportunities
Facilitating citizen engagement
Improving life quality
Promoting sustainable behavior