Challenge / Goal
Having access to open data about transports isn’t something common, and if so, sometimes its dispersed in multiple platforms which makes difficult to have a good usage of the tools.
Trafiklabs, gathers in a single open data platform information about transports in Sweden, and made some API’s available to everyone so users may develop and share smartphone app’s. Some API’s that can be found in the platform are:
- ResRobot - Trip Planner (public transport schedules in Sweden and their geographic location)
- Traffic State SL 2 / Trafikverket open API (traffic conditions)
- SL Real Time Information 4 (real time information on buses, subways, commuter trains, local trains and boats in Stockholm) and more.
The data is always provided free to third parties in order to foster creativity among the transport community in Sweden so they can make useful applications to the ordinary user. The main goals of this good practice are:
- Make all traffic data in Sweden available
- Share APIs to foster transportation sector entrepreneurship
- Share to the population all the apps created
- Increase the usage of public transport.
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Trafiklabs, Trafikverket, Storstockholms Lokaltrafik, Ostgotatrafiken and Rise Viktoria
Transportation entities and smartphone users