Challenge / Goal
The objectives of the projects were to:
- Improve energy efficiency
- Reduction of energy bill
- Improve information delivery
- Improve energy consumption
- Build the basis for future energy incentives
The Real-Time Energy Map solution takes as input the immediate energy consumption in the area based on database data, potentially using the ESRI GIS system. The solution is a mix of data collection, data store and aggregation and data visualisation (interpretation):
- Data Collection: data such as temperature, humidity, gas and electricity consumption is collected from a diverse range of installed sensors in the dwellings . The data is collected on regular basis intervals (typically 15 minutes to 1 hour).
- Data Store and Aggregation: each site has its own data store. For Nottingham this store is located at the Nottingham Trent University premises and consists of Data Store Disk, Data Server machine and externally facing web server machine (which is provided by Xeridia).
- Data visualisation: is done through a software specially prepared for the REMOURBAN project which is able to accept all incoming data, store them on the Data Store Disk and display it in a convenient graphical user interface.
Altogether for the project in Nottingham only 25% of the properties will be entirely monitored, and for the rest will be extrapolation (which is part of the software´s ability). The software implemented integrates data from Open Energy Monitoring equipment. The Data Format used is JSON which is easy to implement and can support multiple technologies. Users are able to enquire about the envisaged future energy consumption based on basic building models. All action is presented in a convenient graphical user interface.
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planing Time: 1 - 2 years
Implementation Time: 1 - 2 years
Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham City Council
Nottingham City Council, Infohub, NEP, Xeridia
Citizens, residents, building owners, local authorities