Challenge / Goal
Data management is one of the major challenges facing the city.The Use Case provided a technical ICT framework for monitoring the project data, testbed for wider use in the city of Vienna, and a framework for ICT applications.
- intensive international peer to peer exchange with other cities in Europe and abroad on possible ICT/ Database solutions
- on-site visits abroad
- decision making on the usage of FIWARE framework
- elaboration of tailored solutions
- testing of tailored solutions and feedback by users
- communication within the city administration
- roll out
In the context of ICT solutions, the term "citizens" applies first and foremost to the users respectively the staff dealing with databases.
In addition, the database was promoted within an ICT Challenge (with some 6000 participants), where more specifically two groups of “nerds” developed in a hackathon two apps on the base of the database.
The general public was invited to attend a thematic district walk where the usage of urban data was showcased. Also, information on the FIWARE database was included in all general project information and promotion
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planing Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Implementation Time: 0.5 - 1 years
MA 01 (Municipal Department),AIT
AIT (for Smarter Together), MA 01 (for all city uses)
Increased data transparency
Improving personnel efficiency
Enhanced data security