Challenge / Goal
NOTE: This best practice was sourced by the ENTRANCE consortium from publicly-available information.
The best practice is aimed at decarbonising road transport.
100% electric trailer cooling possible by combining:
- Kinetic energy technology: Power generated from braking and drive shaft while moving
- Batteries:Battery power supply during short stop
- Charging infrastructure: Power supply from grid during stops and overnight stays
NomadPower is offering charging infrastructure for refrigeration trailers. This combination provides a solution to offer clients 100% engineless cooling.
Electric Cooling provides benefits including:
- Large Reduction in Harmful Emissions: Electric cooling reduces harmful emissions of PM and NOx by over 90% and CO2 emissions by 70%
- Reducing Noise Levels: Diesel generators can be switched off overnight, significantly reducing noise levels
- Lower Running Cost: Electricity is substantially cheaper than diesel
- No Modifications on Trucks Needed: Over 95% of all cool units are equipped with standard power outlet to operate on electric power
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Several parking operators, including EURO RESTPAK