Challenge / Goal
- Driving digitization in the retail and restaurant sectors.
- Customer acquisition for gastronomy and retail.
- Strengthening local economy. Creating the app is part of a support scheme for local businesses and restaurants to help them cope with current problems (mainly also of rise of online-shopping)
Retailers and restaurateurs receive the possibility to convey location-based offers (e.g. advertising, discounts and events) via push messages in the app based on beacons and geo-fencing technology. The app was created specifically for this Use Case.
The solution has following functions:
- share site-based advertising information through an app
- share event information through the app (regardless of location)
- passing on retailer and restaurant information via the app
- passing on parking information / parking availability via the app
- share information about cultural offers through the app
Developed with retailers and restaurant owners
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planing Time: 1 - 2 years
Implementation Time: < 0.5 years
DigitalM, City of Reutlingen (interface to traders / business), Fraunhofer IAO (scientific support)
Residents and visitors, retailers and restaurant owners of the City of Reutlingen
Improved data accessibility,
Enabling new business opportunities,
Encouraging digital entrepreneurship,