Challenge / Goal
- To be the first urban district in Switzerland to meet the conditions of the 2000-watt society.
- To be a large grid-independent area.
- 100% supply from locally generated renewable energy sources (including photovoltaic);
- Innovative energy contracting of the EWZ;
- Greencity-Grid: highly efficient linkage of power generation and consumption;
- Environmentally friendly mobility concept (own S-Bahn and bus stops, two car-sharing locations and approx. 10% of parking spaces reserved for electric vehicles).
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?
Planing Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Implementation Time: < 0.5 years
Smard Grid Solutions AG
Elektrizitätswerk Zürich (EWZ)