Challenge / Goal
Continuous faults have appeared during the last years due to the obsolescence of the original district heating system. An improvement of energy efficiency was needed.
• Low energy performance boilers and distribution equipment;
• Old district heating network (i.e. corrosion, leaks and heat losses);
• Legislation framework that will compel individual energy metering
Its overall energy efficiency has been improved through:
- Renovation of the generation plant with new biomass-fired boilers;
- New variable-flow pumping system;
- Complete renewal of the distribution network with new pre-insulated pipes and a leak detection system;
- Renovation of the heat exchange substations in the buildings;
- Centralization of the DHW production in the same district heating;
- Installation of heat cost allocators in the dwellings.
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planning time: 0.5 - 1 years
Implementation time: 1 - 2 years
Private Dwellings owners Investor European Commission Valladolid City Hall