Challenge / Goal
This system aims to change tenant behaviour with regard to energy consumption and to improve quality of life by empowering tenants to reduce costs and improve their environmental footprint.
The Active House smart home solution is an intelligent system with a state of the art graphical user interface. This energy tool raises awareness among tenants on energy consumption from areas including electricity, hot water and apartment heating.By using the combined price and environment function, the tenant can organise the household’s energy consumption in an environmental and smart way.
This function is very useful when looking at the development of more locally produced renewable energy such as solar energy. This function will, in the long run, have an impact on how to use the hydro produced electricity in a more optimal way.
Other functionalities which the system offers include:
- 10.1 inch graphical tablet installed on the wall close to the kitchen
- Graphical state of the art interface
- Smart home gateway, a multifunctional communication gateway
- Remote Control of all lights in the apartment, room per room or individual lights
- Smart 230 V plugs used for switch off and on consumer products that consume energy in "standby"
- Remote control of radiator thermostats in every room
- Control of electric vehicle charging by using the input from the price and environment signal
- Clear visualisation of apartment temperature
By touching the individual meters on the display, users can explore more of the system’s functionality.
Behind the meters are histograms allowing users to follow consumption per day (24 hours), week, month and year. The meter overview provides current consumption patterns to the nearest second. Daily consumption patterns can also be compared against other users (on the right hand side). On the left side of the device screen, the table shows the relation between the three energy types.
The small buttons on the screen allow users to control lights, thermostats and smart plugs. The device also provides the option to control the charge of a synchronised EV or Hybrid car and finally, to see how much solar energy the building has produced.
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?Log in
Planing Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Implementation Time: 0.5 - 1 years
Decreasing energy consumption in buildings,
Reducing energy bills,
Promoting sustainable behavior,
Improving energy usage efficiency,