Challenge / Goal
Under the project of Smarter Together, the use case tested an e-logistics solution at a large Siemens plant in Vienna, with the aim to support environmental-friendly actions of business partners. It will stimulate environmental-friendly actions, support social dialogues with employees, promote environmental image of the industrial plant, and increase competitiveness of the industrial site and of Vienna as such.
The use case included the following steps:
- identification of relevant on-site needs and innovation potential
- first call for tenders of e-forklifts
- participative test phase by employees of the provided models and feedback
- making purchase decision according to employee's feedback
- use of e-forklifts and internal monitoring and evaluation
- identification of additional innovation potential (new central small items management, e-charging stations for small devices [as suggested by employees], e-bike parking, e-car parking, on-site e-transport hub for semi-finished wagons)
- implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Citizen (in this case the employees and blue collard workers) were intensively involved in the decision-making process from the start: on the identification of the basic need of new e-forklifts during the testing phase, in the decision making on which model to purchase, in the monitoring and evaluation. Employees were further invited to share innovation ideas that were also implemented such as the purchase of new charging stations for small e-devices and the construction of a small items management hub. The charging stations for e-bikes and e-cars including the parking lots were also co-created by the employees / blue collard workers directly as well as their representatives.
Providing innovative support of e-logistics
Want to learn more about the lessons learned, financial details and results?
Planing Time: < 0.5 years
Implementation Time: < 0.5 years
Reducing use of fossils,
Reducing GHG emissions,
Reducing local air pollution,
Improving personnel efficiency,