• Taxi’s and ride hailing apps were too expensive
• car-pooling with strangers was too weird and that buses too infrequent.
• car insurance was so extravagant her friends would do anything to help recoup monies
• collecting money was a nightmare
• no simple way to work out costs or automate payments
The pair spent the next few months exploring what Apps were available (short answer, none), insurance issues, HRMC, safety, planning rides, riding with strangers, costs etc. — Slowly the idea of SKOOT was born.
Along that journey Greg re-contacted with Strings, someone he’d worked had a wealth of experience in marketing and PR.
The more they talked about what SKOOT, how big the problem was for young people around mobility, safety and cost, the more they realised how interesting and incredibly exciting it was and they embarked on a journey together to build and launch SKOOT.